Here are some useful tips to ease you into the Wikipedia experience:
- First, take a look at the Wikipedia Tutorial, and perhaps dabble a bit in the test area.
- When you have some free time, take a look at the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines. They can come in very handy!
- Remember to use a neutral point of view!
- If you need any help, feel free to post a question at the Help Desk
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Also, here are some odds and ends that I find useful from time to time:
- Wikipedia:Policy Library
- Wikipedia:Cite your sources
- Wikipedia:Conflict resolution
- Wikipedia:Brilliant prose
- Wikipedia:Pages needing attention
- Wikipedia:Peer review
- Wikipedia:Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense
- Wikipedia:Village pump
- Wikipedia:Boilerplate text
ClockworkTroll 03:30, 9 Oct 2004 (UTC)
I'm new to the English Wikipedia, but I have been contributing to the German Wikipedia since May '04; so let's say I'm quite new... ;-) But thank you for welcoming me, anyway. -- Friedrich.Kromberg 03:37, 9 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- My pleasure, and welcome again. :) ClockworkTroll 03:39, 9 Oct 2004 (UTC)
Your account will be renamed
23:57, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
13:02, 22 April 2015 (UTC)