July 4, 1956
|Show||The Mark Belling Late Afternoon Show|
|Station(s)||1130 WISN (AM)|
|Time slot||3:00 PM - 6:00 PM CT|
|Style||conservative talk radio|
Mark Belling (born July 4, 1956) is an American conservative talk radio host for 1130 WISN in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He is also a local newspaper columnist, former television host, and occasional guest host for Rush Limbaugh. A native of Wisconsin's Fox Valley, Belling is an alumnus of the University of Wisconsin–La Crosse.
Belling has been with WISN since March 1989. Before joining WISN he was news and program director of WTDY in Madison, Wisconsin, where he began his talk radio career. Belling also served as a radio news director in Springfield, Illinois; St. Joseph, Michigan; Benton Harbor, Michigan; and Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Belling currently hosts a three-hour weekday radio program, The Mark Belling Late Afternoon Show. He discusses a wide variety of topics on his program, including sports, music, Milwaukee area politics, Wisconsin politics, and national issues. Belling leans to the right politically, and he has been known to frequently criticize local and national Republicans for straying from conservative principles.
In addition to his daily three-hour radio program, Belling is a guest-host for Rush Limbaugh's national radio program. When doing so, WISN usually broadcasts this program twice rather than have someone fill in for Belling.
Belling previously hosted a Sunday-morning television panel, Belling and Company, on WISN-TV (Channel 12) until 2000 when it moved to WDJT (Channel 58). The television program was discontinued in 2007, reportedly due to editorial conflicts between Belling and the management of WDJT owner Weigel Broadcasting.
Belling is a 2001 Marconi award recipient for best medium-mar In 2001 Belling was named one of the Top 100 Heavy Talkers—the most influential radio talkers in America—by Talkers Magazine, an industry publication.
Belling is involved with horse race ownership and has co-owned several over the years including 1997 Kentucky Derby entrant Captain Bodgit and 2012 Kentucky Derby entrant Went The Day Well.
- UW-La Crosse hall director rebuked for female orgasm emails, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, October 15, 2015, Karen Herzog.
- Cuprisin, Tim (January 25, 2003). "Belling heads to New York to fill in for Limbaugh for a day". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- Cuprisin, Tim (March 14, 2001). "Inside TV & Radio: Channels 10/36 hires production manager". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. p. 6B. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- Dudek, Duane (April 29, 2010). "Mark Belling explains fascination with horse racing". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "Went The Day Well and Mark Belling in Winners Circle". 2011 Archived Links. MarkBelling.com. April 3, 2012. Archived from the original on November 4, 2012.
- Horne, Michael (May 10, 2013). "Mark Belling's Very Urban Condo". Urban Milwaukee. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- LONG-TIME PARTNER BELLING PREVAILS IN 1ST-QUARTER CONTEST BAGS $3,500 WITH PREDICTION OF SIX WINS, NEARLY NAILS EARNINGS JUST EDGES WALLACE AND KIM MCGEORGE, WHO TAKE $1,500 FOR 2ND