Jump to navigation Jump to search
The 1290s BC is a decade which lasted from 1299 BC to 1290 BC.
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
Events and trends
- c. 1295 BC–1186 BC–Great Temple of Amun, Karnak, is built. New Kingdom.
- 1292 BC—End of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt, start of the Nineteenth Dynasty.
- 1292 BC—The coronation of Ramesses I.
- Egyptian-Hittite Wars, c.1294 B.C.
- Ramesses I – Pharaoh of the Nineteenth Dynasty of Egypt
- Shalmaneser I, king of Assyria, born (approximate date).
- Ramesses the Great, pharaoh of Egypt, born (approximate date).
- White, Jamila. "Wonders: City of Jebel Barkal - BLACK KINGDOMS OF THE NILE EPISODE". PBS. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- Jürgen von Beckerath, Chronologie des Äegyptischen Pharaonischen (Mainz: Phillip von Zabern, 1997), p.190